Business minded people opt to write SEO articles for their business
Being an entrepreneur is a demanding job, let alone having to keep up with the fast-paced world of article writing for their own business. In fact, when you think about it, how many times have you seen a business owner follow-up on their own customers…?
More than likely they have people who do this for them. In general, they have other things to do besides all the ‘other stuff’ their staff can do for them.
When an entrepreneur has to do it everything themselves, writing their articles or web content for their eCommerce websites can be frustrating because of the demands Google has in regard to SEO writing.
SEO mistakes can linger
SEO or search engine optimization is part of Google’s formula that help rank up a companies’ website according to keywords and important information within the article or web content.
Here are some mistakes, according to an article titled, “5 mistakes that are costing your customers …” recently published by Justin Herring from Business2Community.com (26, Sept.2019).
- Not updating “my page” according to Google My Business Page. For instance, you should edit your maps and business information page to make sure you will be discovered. You business location is important so if your customers need to find you for your services, it is nice to know that they can find you on Google Maps.
- Make sure you have your website optimized for Google users when they have to use their mobile device. In other words, your website needs to be mobile.
- 20% of searches are coming from voice recognition. Everyone, if you haven’t met them already, I’d like to introduce Sira, Alexa, and Cortana. They are the three popular voices most Google users can use to search when on Google. They’re considerably helpful for those who are busy bodies. Therefore, update your voice search recognition now!
- Keep all links updated and in-tact! In other words, make sure check every linked word, or linked keyword, to see if they work. It’s frowned upon when you click on a link term and it doesn’t work! Broken external links are bad for business websites!
- Reading reviews from a business are important to buyers and consumers alike. Therefore, pay attention to those reviews because 86% of all consumers will read them before attending to any business with a company nowadays.
Finally, these 5 SEO mistakes can help your business eCommerce site in the long run. When you pay attention to your website’s functionality, you rank high and keep that momentum going.